Wednesday, January 1, 2014

3Dcoat texture work

So I have shared the joys of 3DCoat through out my college days and I feel after playing with this model over the holidays I need to prop it up once more. This program is amazing. I can honestly say all I need is zbrush 3Dcoat and a rendering/animation package to finish my work. (maya, Max, Modo, XSI, etc)

Best 400 dollars you can spend if your in our industry!

I would say this was about 2-3 days of me just messing around while sitting at my parents coffee table over the holidays. I would guess the build took about 5 hours and the textures the same. I was working without concept, I can't tell all you artists how important it is to even block/sketch out what your working on. I shot from the hip and I wasted a ton of time. But I still had fun.

So the next step is pumping out a quick cool looking cloak and then a basic rig. This dude will be a little mascot for my web site.

And if people want to use him to rig up or for teaching purposes I don't mind. I plan on letting him be my low res flag ship of sorts.

In this instance I didn't use Zbrush. Only programs used where Maya and 3dCoat. (not even photoshop)

Happy new year every one!








No comments:

Post a Comment